The Cost Of Employee Stress
One of the biggest frustrations you face as an employer is managing sickness absence. For every day an employee has off sick, you are paying sick pay, but also the cost of covering their workload by overtime or agency workers.
The average worker has 23 days off sick per year.
You may feel you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Your customers are demanding the very best service, but your employees are seemingly having difficulty maintaining the pace.
Whilst you can be sympathetic to unexpected illness, it is often frequent absences that are the most costly and complaints of stress are frequently heard regardless of the size of the business.
Stress accounts for 45% of sick days taken.
Why is it your problem?
It is easy to dismiss 'stress' as a buzzword bandied around by the weak or lazy. You may have even tried to discipline staff only to find their absences increase. Even the best workers can suffer stress due to a major change in personal circumstances.
48% of Employees feel their employer does not care about their wellbeing.
The real cost to your business.
You may already be painfully aware of the real cost to your business, such as:
- Decreased performance from individuals as they struggle to maintain targets.
- Employees are four times more likely to leave, costing 150% of their annual salary to replace them.
- Decreased motivation and loyalty. You get the impression that once passionate staff are merely doing the bare minimum to get their paycheck.
- Increase in customer complaints, as their expectations of a service are not met due to absence.
- Stress at work costs the UK economy £100billion per year.
You could try to ignore the problem, or you could invest in a unique service which will help build your employees resilience to stress and increase their sense of work life balance. (click through to benefits page)
the benefits of subscribing »